28 Febuary '09 - Issue #003
Hello again to all current and new subscribers of Monthly Dirt.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward." If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting... www.dirt-bike-tips-and-pics.com
IN THIS ISSUE:
- All the updates and changes including new pages - in a nutshell.
- Another summary of what's been happening this month in the world of dirt bike news.
- A joke to attempt to lighten up your day.
- And Robbie Maddison doing something only he would do!
By the way, if you're reading this at work... good on ya.
A dirt biker stops by the local mechanic shop in a small village in the wops to have his KTM fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home. On the way home he needed some supplies so he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and an anvil. Then he stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem: how to carry all of his purchases home.
While he is scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, "Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Jackson Lane?" The dirt biker said, "Well, as a matter of fact, I live at 1616 Jackson Lane. I would walk you home but I can't carry this lot." The old lady suggested, "Why don't you put the anvil in the bucket, carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in the other hand?" "Why thank you very much, that's a great idea.." he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.
On the way he says, "Let's take my shortcut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time." The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, "I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and ravish me?" The biker said, "Holy smokes lady! I am carrying a bucket, an anvil, two chickens and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?" The lady replied, "Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the anvil on top of the bucket and I'll hold the chickens."
Sorry, I know that barely related to dirt bikes, but I thought it was funny.
Here's what's happened to dirt-bike-tips-and-pics since the last issue...
- Once again I've added a few more tracks, clubs and parks to the world-wide directory - Canada, Australia and the U.K If you're looking for a place to ride check it out! World Wide Directory.
- The future of two strokes page has been updated with more juicy information on where this whole revolution is heading.
- And of course my Motocross News Page has a whole bunch of updates with what's been happening around the globe.
- The latest pages to have been added are...
Helmet Cameras - Information and buying tips for finding the best helmet cams available today.
Site Search - A handy search engine page dedicated to finding you that page you are looking for but can't remember how to get to it!
Check out Robbie Maddison doing the impossible on new years eve!
Here's a few quick highlights of what's been happening on my News Page...
- Freestyle legend Jeremy Lusk passed away after sustaining severe injuries at a FMX show in Costa Rica
- Excessive sound regulations are targeting motorcycles in America. The AMA is opposing these rules saying they are unfair.
- Ryan Dungey, of Belle Plaine, Minn has reclaimed the Western Regional championship points lead with his third win of the season.
Well, that's it again from me for this month. I've got a few new pages planned for March including updates to the future of two strokes and the Dirt Bike News page, so make sure you pop back and keep updated.
Remember if you have any pics of you and your mates, send 'em in to me on my Dirt Bike Pics Page.