If you've been racking your brain trying to think of some dirt bike gift ideas and you just can't decide on something, try some of the suggestions below.
Buying presents for other people is usually a painful and frustrating exercise. The good news for you however, is your friend, uncle, brother, sister or whoever you're looking to buy a present for.. is into dirt bikes, so your search has been narrowed down to 'dirt bike stuff' only. Because let's face it, anything else is just s#!t. Forget about that other unrelated junk. Motocross and dirt biking is expensive enough, and unless the person you have in mind has a factory ride and the whole kit and kaboodle to boot, they probably don't have anywhere near as much gear or apparel as they'd like.
So whether it's a Christmas present for one of your kids (courtesy of the jolly ol' fat man of course), a birthday present for your hubby (you know he doesn't really want a dressing gown and slippers or another BBQ apron), or just to say 'thanks'.. have a squiz at these dirt bike gift ideas. There's bound to be something in here that they'll like.
On a final note, I'll share my view on buying presents (I'm not the Grinch but I could be his brother).. a good gift is one that they will like and enjoy. A clever gift however, is one they will like.. AND you both can enjoy ;).
- The Garage Manual: Why? Because it won't break the bank, it's unique, you can have it within 5 minutes of reading this, and it's bloody helpful! Download it and put in the extra effort to print it off and bind it together. And if it's Christmas time, wrap it in reindeer paper and slip it under the tree. It'll go down smoother than Santa's whiskey.
- Motocross / Dirt Bike DVD's: Why? What dirt head doesn't love a quality MX vid? There are always new releases and they rarely cease to impress! This is definitely one of those 'clever gifts' that I was talking about.
- Motocross / Dirt Bike Book: Why? Because you're friend already has the entire collection of Nitro Circus, Crusty Demons and On The Pipe - and apparently reading is good for you. There are plenty of captivating books covering the lives of dirt bike legends so go out and find one. Oh and did I mention it makes good use of your time on the dunny?
- Magazine Subscription: Why? Brownie points - that's why. Some riders may not take the time to subscribe but they will love you not only once, but 12 times a year when the mag arrives on their door step! Plus you get to read 'em too hence why it's another one of my clever dirt bike gift ideas.
- Motocross Training Confident Athlete Series: Why? This is a downloadable 'how to' training course designed for competitive sports athletes who want to fine-tune their mind so they can perform better on the track and improve their racing skills. Now who the heck wouldn't want that?!
- GoPro Camera: Why? Because they're nothing short of amazing! These are not the cheapest of all presents but I don't believe there would be a rider on this earth that wouldn't be stoked to own one. This is a guaranteed pleaser. And while you're at it, do yourself a favor and buy one for you too.
- MX Clothing: Why? Because let's face it, the stuff gets filthy, stained and ripped after a few months and these bloody clothing companies are forever coming out with newer, cooler gear. Just make sure you get the size right. This is not a 'clever gift', unless of course you accidentally buy it in your size.
- MX Training School: Why? Because it's a little unexpected, plus the gift involves them riding their bike and learning how to ride faster and better. If the bearer of this gift doesn't fully appreciate this I would suggest you tell them to take up lawn bowls or rollerblading.
- Tickets to a FMX / Supercross Event: Or a Nitro Circus show. Why? I shouldn't need to tell you by now.. One ticket for them, and one for you.. That sounds like a 'clever gift' to me!
- Personal Action Photo - Framed: Why? Everything is digital these days so we often don't bother to actually print photos. Take the time to edit and frame a sweet photo of them out riding and I guarantee it will claim pole position on their bedside table.
- Tool Kit / Bum Bag Kit: Why? So your kids stop pinching all of your own tools from the shed! Make sure you buy a quality tool kit because those cheap Chinese tools are more fragile than your Grandfather's hips. Oh, plus they come in very handy when repairing your steed.
- Dirt Bike Games: Why? When they break their leg, wrist or collarbone a quality dirt bike game will help ease the pain of not being able to ride for 6 - 8 weeks. There are some awesome games out there like MX vs Atv and Jeremy McGrath Supercross - but if they don't already have the console then this probably won't be the smartest gift idea.
- Dirt Bike Bed Linen: Why? Because it's way cooler than those floral patterned bed sheets you currently force your kids to sleep under. Put your kids to bed knowing they'll be in motocross heaven each night in their dreams.
- Graphics Kit: Why? I know loads of riders who can't or won't justify buying new decals for their ride but would giggle like a school girl if they were given to them. After market graphics are cool.. Full stop.
- Camel Pack: Why? This is another one of those things that riders would like to have but never get round to buying, and they're fantastic for enduro and bush riding. If you want to buy me a present, I will gladly accept a camel pack because I still haven't got round to buying one..
If you like this page and the info shared on it.. go ahead and be a Champion and hit the 'like' button below!